Helping out with efforts to serve keiki, kūpuna, and other neighbors and community members at higher risk during this crisis.
- Respond with Aloha - COVID-19 Volunteer Response: connecting community organizations with volunteers
- Corona Care Hawaiʻi (Mutual Aid Group)
- Blood Bank of Hawaii - Donate blood at various donation centers: Young Street, Dillingham, Kailua Town Center, Kaneohe Bay Shopping Center, Waikele Center, and KROC Center Hawaii. Please check the site for hours.
- Rainbow Family 808 - Food donations
- Hawaii Food Bank - contact Kirsten Yale at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-954-7866.
- Kauai: Malama Kaua‘i: Job & Volunteer Openings
- Airbnb Open Homes for COVID-19: Airbnb is partnering with its hosts to connect 100,000 healthcare providers, relief workers, and first responders with clean, convenient places to stay.
Masks & PPE
- Hawaii Mask Makers: Directory of grassroots efforts to make and donate face masks to healthcare workers and medical facilities.
- Mask Production Database
- Pattern from UH-Mānoa: http://go.hawaii.edu/ADE
- Arc Pacific Hawaii is making face shields. Asking for monetary donations for materials. $2/mask. Receipts can be provided for donation. Donate via check made out to Arc, 680 Queen Street, Honolulu, HI 96813.
- Our Kupuna - Low risk volunteers to “sponsor” kupuna and deliver groceries and medication
- Help Is On The Way - Delivery Services for Kupuna & Others In Need (Article)
- Phone-A-Friend - calls to kupuna 65+ https://www.catholiccharitieshawaii.org/programs-services/seniors/phone-a-friend
- Kupuna Needs - https://hawaiicatholictv.com/kupunaneedsproject/
- Kupuna Kokua - Nonprofit offering array of services directed towards helping Kupuna, but available for all residents (KHON) (KITV)
- Drive for Lanakila Meals on Wheels: https://www.lanakilapacific.org/volunteer/
Global (incl. Hawaiʻi)
- Tech SWAT Team from Code for America: Sign up form
- Previously Available Challenges
- Rapid Micro-grant for Projects to Inform the Public about COVID-19 by Brown Institute, University March 20, and March 23rd. Awardees
- MIT Covid19 Challenge on April 3-5 | Topics: Protecting Vulnerable Populations and Supporting the Health System
- COVID-19 Communication Inspiration Challenge by IDEO, Now (March 18 - March 31)
Pandemic Response Hackathon by Datavant, March 27-29